40°C ± 2°C, 90%-95% RH, 1000 hours, 1.5 hr ON, 0.5 hr OFF cycle
70°C ± 2°C, 1000 hours, 1.5 hr ON, 0.5 hr OFF cycle
+125°C, 1000 hours
+155°C, 1000 hours
High Power: ±0.5%
High Power: ±0.5%
Precautions for Use
• The properly and electrostatically measured taping materials are used for the components, but attention should be paid to the fact that there is some danger the parts absorb on the top tapes to cause a failure
in the mounting and the parts are destructed by static electricity (1kV and more: 1J, 2A, 2B, 2E 0.5kV and more: 1E, Human Body Model 100pF 1.5kΩ) to change the resistance in the conditions of an excessive
dryness or after the parts are given vibration for a long time as they are packaged on the tapes. Similarly, care should be given not to apply the excessive static electricity when mounting on the boards.
• Ionic impurities such as flux etc. that are attached to these products or those mounted onto a PCB, negatively affect their moisture resistance, corrosion resistance, etc. The flux may contain ionic substances
like chlorine, acid, etc. while perspiration and saliva include ionic impurities like sodium (Na＋), chlorine (Cl−) etc. Therefore these kinds of ionic substances may induce electrical corrosion when they invade into
the products. Either thorough washing or using RMA solder and flux are necessary since lead free solder contains ionic substances. Washing process is needed, before putting on moisture proof material in
order to prevent electrical corrosion.
• Please pay attention that the top of an iron does not direct touch to the components. There is a risk that may cause a change in resistance. Take care that another risk may happen that the protecting coat is
carbonized in an instant when touched directly by the top of the iron, also climatic-proof for electric corrosion or insulation of protecting coat may be dropped down. Be sure not to give high temperature on the
top of the iron as it will degrade the protecting coat.
• Avoid storing components under direct sun rays, high temperature/humidity. Direct sun rays will cause quality change of taping and difficulty of keeping appropriate peeling strength. 5~35°C/35~75%RH, there is
no deterioration of solderability for 12 months, but take special care for storing, because condensation, dust, and toxic gas like hydrogen sulfide, sulfurous acid gas, hydrogen chloride, etc. may drop solderability.
The upper electrodes could be peeled off when a heat-resistant masking tape is attached to the mounted chip resistors and then detached from them. It is confirmed that the adhesiveness gets stronger due to
the exposure to heat under mounting. Accordingly, we recommend the use of masking tape be refrained. If the use of heat-resistant masking tape is unavoidable, please make sure that the adhesives on the
tape do not directly come in contact with the product.
For Surface Temperature Rise Graph see Environmental Applications. Additional environmental applications can also be found at www.koaspeer.com
Specifications given herein may be changed at any time without prior notice. Please confirm technical specifications before you order and/or use.
KOA Speer Electronics, Inc.
• 199 Bolivar Drive • Bradford, PA 16701 • USA • 814-362-5536 • Fax: 814-362-8883 • www.koaspeer.com