Water Soluble Liquid Flux
- Non-Spattering Formula - High Activity and Excellent Wetting - VOC-Free - Compatible with Most Base Metals
WS730 is a water-based, high activity liquid flux designed to offer low-spattering and excellent wetting, even to
difficult-to-solder parts. WS730 is formulated for a variety of electronic, electrical and industrial applications,
including wire, cable, and terminal lead tinning and soldering, flat and round wire fabrication, and semiconductor
and component lead tinning. WS730 will solder to copper, beryllium-copper, nickel, alloy 42, alloy 51, nickel,
brass, some steels and other base metals. The broad activity range of WS730 makes it an excellent choice for
tin/lead, tin/silver, tin/bismuth, indium and other solder alloys.
- WS730 can be used in dipping, spraying, brushing, swabbing, and many other fluxing operations. For spraying, WS730 is
ready to use directly from its container, no thinning required. When spray fluxing, it is imperative that proper flux
coverage and uniformity be achieved and maintained. A dry flux coating of 500 to 1500 micrograms per square inch is
recommended as a starting point.
- When nitrogen sealed wave solder equipment is used, it is generally necessary to apply slightly more flux than normal as a
result of excess drying due to the extended length of the equipment.
0 20 40 Sec 60 80 100
RATE of RISE PROGRESS THROUGH PCB TOP SIDE TEMP COOLDOWN
2-3ºC / SEC MAX 66°C - 77°C (150ºF - 170ºF) 90°C - 125°C (194ºF - 257ºF) ≤ 4ºC
≤ 40 SECONDS JUST BEFORE WAVE
The residues and raw flux are completely water soluble and should be washed in an aqueous cleaning system using
deionized or distilled water heated to a recommended temperature of at least 60°C (140°F).
- WS730 has an unopened shelf life of 1 year when stored at room temperature.
- Do not freeze this product.
- WS730 is shipped ready-to-use, no mixing necessary.
- Do not mix used and unused chemical in the same container.
- Reseal any opened containers.
- Use with adequate ventilation and proper personal protective equipment.
- Refer to the accompanying Material Safety Data Sheet for any specific emergency information.
- Do not dispose of any hazardous materials in non-approved containers.
Parameter Value Parameter Value
J-STD-004 ORH1 Specific Gravity 1.0762 (water = 1)
Visual Clear, Colorless Flash Point < 10°C
Odor Aromatic (Slightly) Boiling Point 82°C
Solids Content 28 % ± 2% pH (1% solution /water) .071
Acid Number 124+/- 11 mg KOH per gram
Parameter Requirements Results
Copper Mirror (24 hrs @ 25°C, 50%RH) IPC-TM-650-2.3.32 High
Halide Test (Silver Chromate) IPC-TM-650-2.2.33 Fail
Surface Insulation Resistance:
Reference Property Pass-Fail Criteria Results
IPC-TM-650 Control coupons >1E+9 Ω at 96 and 168 hrs Pass
method 126.96.36.199 Sample coupons – pattern up >1E+8 Ω at 96 and 168 hrs Pass
85°C / 85% R.H. Sample coupons – pattern down >1E+8 Ω at 96 and 168 hrs Pass
Post-test visual inspection No dendrite growth or corrosion Pass
Canada +1-514-494-2000 · USA +1-401-463-5605 · Mexico +52-656-630-0032 · Europe +44-1737-222-258
Asia-Pacific +86-755-2993-6487 · India +91-80-41554753 · email@example.com · www.aimsolder.com
AIM IS ISO9001:2008 & ISO14001:2004 CERTIFIED
The information contained herein is based on data considered accurate and is offered at no charge. Product information is based upon the assumption of
proper handling and operating conditions. All information pertaining to solder paste is produced with 45-micron powder. Liability is expressly
disclaimed for any loss or injury arising out of the use of this information or the use of any materials designated. Please refer to
http://www.aimsolder.com/Home/TermsConditions.aspx to review AIM's terms and conditions.
Document Rev # 5
Click to View Pricing, Inventory, Delivery & Lifecycle Information:
AIM - American Iron and Metal: