4.7mm Panel Mount Indicator with Wires
DESCRIPTIONS PACKAGE DIMENSIONS
z The Super Bright Red source color devices are made
with Gallium Aluminum Arsenide Red Light Emitting
z Electrostatic discharge and power surge could
damage the LEDs
z It is recommended to use a wrist band or
anti-electrostatic glove when handling the LEDs
z All devices, equipments and machineries must be
z Outstanding material efficiency
z Reliable and rugged
z Low current capability
z Housing UL rating: 94V-0
z Housing material: Type 66 nylon
z RoHS compliant
Status indicator Remark:
z Recommended panel mount hole diameterφ=6.30-6.35mm; panel thickness
z Illuminator 1.0mm.
z Signage applications
z Decorative and entertainment lighting Notes:
z Commercial and residential architectural lighting 1. All dimensions are in millimeters (inches).
2. Tolerance is ±0.25(0.01") unless otherwise noted.
3. Lead spacing is measured where the leads emerge from the package.
4. The specifications, characteristics and technical data described in the datasheet are subject to change
without prior notice.
Observe precautions for handling
electrostatic discharge sensitive devices
Emitting Color Iv (mcd) @ 20mA  Viewing Angle 
Part Number (Material) Lens Type
Min. Max. 2θ1/2
■ Super Bright Red 400 700
WP1533AA/SRD-W152 Red Diffused 30°
(GaAlAs) *140 *250
1. θ1/2 is the angle from optical centerline where the luminous intensity is 1/2 of the optical peak value.
2. Luminous intensity / luminous flux: +/-15%.
* Luminous intensity value is traceable to CIE127-2007 standards.
© 2017 Kingbright. All Rights Reserved. Spec No: DSAF3513 / 1102007574 Rev No: V.8A Date: 10/06/2017 Page 1/ 4
ELECTRICAL / OPTICAL CHARACTERISTICS at TA=25°C
Parameter Symbol Emitting Color Unit
Wavelength at Peak Emission IF = 20mA λpeak Super Bright Red 655 - nm
Dominant Wavelength IF = 20mA λdom  Super Bright Red 640 - nm
Spectral Bandwidth at 50% Φ REL MAX Δλ Super Bright Red 20 - nm
IF = 20mA
Capacitance C Super Bright Red 45 - pF
Forward Voltage IF = 20mA VF  Super Bright Red 1.85 2.5 V
Reverse Current (VR = 5V) IR Super Bright Red - 10 uA
1. The dominant wavelength (λd) above is the setup value of the sorting machine. (Tolerance λd : ±1nm. )
2. Forward voltage: ±0.1V.
3. Wavelength value is traceable to CIE127-2007 standards.
4. Excess driving current and / or operating temperature higher than recommended conditions may result in severe light degradation or premature failure.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS at TA=25°C
Parameter Symbol Value Unit
Power Dissipation PD 75 mW
Reverse Voltage VR 5 V
Junction Temperature Tj 115 °C
Operating Temperature Top -40 to +85 °C
Storage Temperature Tstg -40 to +85 °C
DC Forward Current IF 30 mA
Peak Forward Current IFM  155 mA
Electrostatic Discharge Threshold (HBM) - 3000 V
Lead Solder Temperature  260°C For 3 Seconds
Lead Solder Temperature  260°C For 5 Seconds
1. 1/10 Duty Cycle, 0.1ms Pulse Width.
2. 2mm below package base.
3. 5mm below package base.
4. Relative humidity levels maintained between 40% and 60% in production area are recommended to avoid the build-up of static electricity – Ref JEDEC/JESD625-A and JEDEC/J-STD-033.
© 2017 Kingbright. All Rights Reserved. Spec No: DSAF3513 / 1102007574 Rev No: V.8A Date: 10/06/2017 Page 2/4
RELATIVE INTENSITY vs. WAVELENGTH SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION
100% -15° 0° 15°
Ta = 25 °C Ta = 25 °C
Relative Intensity (a. u.) 80% -30° 30°
60% -45° 45°
40% -60° 60°
350 400 450 500 550 600 650 700 750 800 -90° 90°
Wavelength (nm) 1.0 0.5 0.0 0.5 1.0
SUPER BRIGHT RED
Forward Current vs. Luminous Intensity vs. Forward Current Derating Curve Luminous Intensity vs.
Forward Voltage Forward Current Ambient Temperature
50 Luminous intensity normalised 2.5 Permissible forward current (mA) 50 Luminous intensity normalised 2.5
Ta = 25 °C Ta = 25 °C
Forward current (mA) 40 2.0 40 2.0
30 at 20mA 1.5 30 at Ta = 25 °C 1.5
20 1.0 20 1.0
10 0.5 10 0.5
0 0.0 0 0.0
1.5 1.7 1.9 2.1 2.3 2.5 0 10 20 30 40 50 -40 -20 0 20 40 60 80 100 -40 -20 0 20 40 60 80 100
Forward voltage (V) Forward current (mA) Ambient temperature (°C) Ambient temperature (°C)
RECOMMENDED WAVE SOLDERING PROFILE
1. Recommend pre-heat temperature of 105°C or less (as measured with a thermocouple
attached to the LED pins) prior to immersion in the solder wave with a maximum solder bath
temperature of 260°C
2. Peak wave soldering temperature between 245°C ~ 255°C for 3 sec (5 sec max).
3. Do not apply stress to the epoxy resin while the temperature is above 85°C.
4. Fixtures should not incur stress on the component when mounting and during soldering process.
5. SAC 305 solder alloy is recommended.
6. No more than one wave soldering pass.
PACKING & LABEL SPECIFICATIONS
© 2017 Kingbright. All Rights Reserved. Spec No: DSAF3513 / 1102007574 Rev No: V.8A Date: 10/06/2017 Page 3/4
1. Avoid continued exposure to the condensing moisture environment and keep the product away from rapid transitions in ambient
2. LEDs should be stored with temperature ≤ 30°C and relative humidity < 60%.
3. Product in the original sealed package is recommended to be assembled within 72 hours of opening.
Product in opened package for more than a week should be baked for 30 (+10/-0) hours at 85 ~ 100°C.
LED Mounting Method
1. The lead pitch of the LED must match the
pitch of the mounting holes on the PCB
during component placement.
Lead-forming may be required to insure
the lead pitch matches the hole pitch.
Refer to the figure below for proper lead
Note 1-3: Do not route PCB trace in the contact area between the
leadframe and the PCB to prevent short-circuits.
" ○" Correct mounting method " x " Incorrect mounting method
Lead Forming Procedures
1. During soldering, component covers and holders should leave
clearance to avoid placing damaging stress on the LED during
2. The tip of the soldering iron should never touch the lens epoxy.
3. Through-hole LEDs are incompatible with reflow soldering.
4. If the LED will undergo multiple soldering passes or face other
processes where the part may be subjected to intense heat,
please check with Kingbright for compatibility.
1. The information included in this document reflects representative usage scenarios and is intended for technical reference only.
2. The part number, type, and specifications mentioned in this document are subject to future change and improvement without notice. Before production usage customer should refer to
the latest datasheet for the updated specifications.
3. When using the products referenced in this document, please make sure the product is being operated within the environmental and electrical limits specified in the datasheet. If
customer usage exceeds the specified limits, Kingbright will not be responsible for any subsequent issues.
4. The information in this document applies to typical usage in consumer electronics applications. If customer's application has special reliability requirements or have life-threatening
liabilities, such as automotive or medical usage, please consult with Kingbright representative for further assistance.
5. The contents and information of this document may not be reproduced or re-transmitted without permission by Kingbright.
6. All design applications should refer to Kingbright application notes available at http://www.KingbrightUSA.com/ApplicationNotes
© 2017 Kingbright. All Rights Reserved. Spec No: DSAF3513 / 1102007574 Rev No: V.8A Date: 10/06/2017 Page 4 / 4
Click to View Pricing, Inventory, Delivery & Lifecycle Information: