Low-Cost, Bus-Powered Multifunction DAQ for USB –
12- or 14-Bit, up to 48 kS/s, 8 Analog Inputs
Overview and Applications
With recent bandwidth improvements and new innovations from
National Instruments, USB has evolved into a core bus of choice for
measurement applications. The NI USB-6008 and USB-6009 are low-
cost entry points to NI flagship data acquisition (DAQ) devices. With
plug-and-play USB connectivity, these modules are simple enough for
quick measurements but versatile enough for more complex
The USB-6008 and USB-6009 are ideal for a number of applications
where low cost, small form factor, and simplicity are essential.
• Data logging – quick and easy environmental or voltage data logging
• Academic lab use – student ownership of DAQ hardware for
completely interactive lab-based courses (Academic pricing available.
Visit ni.com/academic for details.)
• OEM applications as I/O for embedded systems
National Instruments measurement services software, built around
NI-DAQmx driver software, includes intuitive application programming
interfaces, configuration tools, I/O assistants, and other tools
designed to reduce system setup, configuration, and development time.
National Instruments recommends using the latest version of NI-DAQmx
driver software for application development in NI LabVIEW, LabVIEW
SignalExpress, LabWindows/CVI, and Measurement Studio software.
To obtain the latest version of NI-DAQmx, visit
NI measurement services software speeds up your development with
• A guide to create fast and accurate measurements with no
programming using the DAQ Assistant.
• Automatic code generation to create your application in LabVIEW.
• LabWindows/CVI; LabVIEW SignalExpress; and C#, Visual Studio .NET,
ANSI C/C++, or Visual Basic using Measurement Studio.
• Multithreaded streaming technology for 1,000 times
• Automatic timing, triggering, and synchronization routing
to make advanced applications easy.
• More than 3,000 free software downloads available at
ni.com/zone to jump-start your project.
• Software configuration of all digital I/O features without
• Single programming interface for analog input, analog output,
digital I/O, and counters on hundreds of multifunction DAQ hardware
devices. M Series devices are compatible with the following versions
(or later) of NI application software – LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, or
Measurement Studio versions 7.x; and LabVIEW SignalExpress 2.x.
• 8 analog inputs at 12 or 14 bits,
up to 48 kS/s
• 2 analog outputs at 12 bits,
• 12 TTL/CMOS digital I/O lines
• 32-bit, 5 MHz counter
• Digital triggering
• 1-year warranty
• Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)/XP/2000
• Mac OS X
• Windows Mobile
• Windows CE
• LabVIEW SignalExpress
• Measurement Studio
Other Compatible Software
• C#, Visual Basic .NET
• ANSI C/C++
• NI-DAQmx driver software
• Measurement & Automation
Explorer configuration utility
• LabVIEW SignalExpress LE
You need to download NI-DAQmx
Base for these operating systems.
NI USB-6008, NI USB-6009
USB-6009 USB 8 SE/4 DI 14 48 ±1 to ±20 2 12 150 0 to 5 12 1 Digital
USB-6008 USB 8 SE/4 DI 12 10 ±1 to ±20 2 12 150 0 to 5 12 1 Digital
SE = single ended, DI = differential